We representatives of the International Council for Friendship and Solidarity with Soviet People gathered together at the International Council Conference in Toronto, Canada from October 10-12, 2008 hereby declare the following:
1. Our international council is an organized expression of friendship and solidarity with "Soviet people", i.e. the people struggling to restore the multinational Soviet Union as a Socialist State. This Council, along with our organ, Northstar Compass, is carrying on the traditions of the "Hands Off Russia Committee"(s) which were internationally established in 1918 to help protect the young Soviet Republic from foreign intervention.
2. We function as a united front organization to help unify, consolidate and coordinate the anti-imperialist forces of the world with the ongoing world movement to restore the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. Our aim is international cooperation in building socialism and solidarity with all anti-imperialist forces struggling against imperialism, headed by U.S. imperialism, the main enemy of mankind.
3. The current situation includes the continued U.S. led military occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan. It includes the rapidly unfolding economic collapse of Wall Street and the U.S. Empire. And it includes the political brinksmanship of the Bush-Cheney-McCain and Obama forces in support of the U.S. puppet dictator Saakashvili in Georgia. Bush, McCain, Obama et al. are promoting "fast track" inclusion of Georgia as a member of NATO which amounts to a declaration of war against Russia. It is clear that with regard to war and peace, justice and injustice, freedom and tyranny, the upcoming U.S. Presidential Election offers no alternative for the workers and oppressed of the USA and the world. Finally the current grave and ever deepening world capitalist economic crisis, featuring the collapsing hegemony and unprecedented debt of United States imperialism, is driving the major imperialist powers toward a new world war, toward a new redivision of the world on the basis of the new relation of forces.
4. The history of the international communist and workers movement in the first half of the twentieth century demonstrated: With Leninism and the Communist International, despite an unfavorable objective situation, victories – culminating in the Soviet led defeat of world fascism and the victorious Chinese national democratic revolution. Without Leninism and without a Communist International, despite the objectively favorable post World War II situation, defeats– culminating in the dissolution of the Socialist Camp. Given the above-mentioned facts, we call upon all proletarian vanguard parties and organizations to get back to their Leninist roots and principles.
Stalin, the great leader of Socialist construction of the USSR and of the defeat of world fascism in World War II, pointed out in Foundations of Leninism:
"Formerly, the analysis of the conditions for the proletarian revolution was usually approached from the point of view of the economic state of individual countries. Now, this approach is no longer adequate. Now the matter must be approached from the point of view of the state of the world economy; for individual countries and individual national economies have ceased to be self-sufficient units, have become links in a single chain called world economy; for the old 'cultured' capitalism has evolved into imperialism, and imperialism is a world system of financial enslavement and [neo-]colonial oppression of the vast majority of the population of the earth by a handful of 'advanced' countries....
"Formerly, it was the accepted thing to speak of the proletarian revolution in one or another developed country as of something separate and self-sufficient, facing a separate national front of capital as its opposite. Now we must speak of the world proletarian revolution; for the separate national fronts of capital have become links in a single chain called the world front of imperialism, which must be opposed by a common front of the revolutionary movement in all countries..."
5. In order for the international working class and the oppressed peoples to avoid being split up, divided and conquered by the imperialist powers and U.S. imperialism, in particular; to instead divide, isolate and smash the enemies of peace, justice, freedom and socialism, we call on the proletarian vanguard parties and organizations to unite the international working class and the oppressed peoples against imperialism, headed by U.S. imperialism, on the basis of proletarian internationalism. In the process, we urge genuine communist and workers parties not to shy away from but to embrace the challenge of building a new Communist International, in the tradition of the outstanding Third International, established under Lenin's leadership and on the shoulders of the Russian Revolution and the Soviet working class.
We representatives of the International Council for Friendship and Solidarity with Soviet People believe, in the words of "The Internationale",
"The international working class shall be the human race!"
Close this page to return.